- According to Jain teacher Mahavira,
- Religion is the most auspicious thing in the world.
- Religion consists of Non-violence, Self-Control, and Penance
- Right knowledge, Right faith, Right conduct, are most three essentials for attaining the highest state of existence, Moksha, release from rebirth
- A wise Jain will always practice the vows of Non-injury, Truth, Non-stealing, Celibacy and Non-acquisition.
- Jains renounce injury to all living beings
- All living beings are equal; one should treat all living beings as oneself
- Man has to conquer his own self. Therefore Jains do not need gods, but they have Teachers, Tirthankaras, the highest of whom was Mahavira
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.