Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- There are no records about the birth and death of St Cecilia.
- All we know is that she was born in Rome in the second century and died, most likely in Sicily.
- You can read more about St Cecilia on Wikipedia
- St Cecilia was made a saint before the formal ceremony of Canonistion was developed.
- She was made a saint by a local bishop in Sicily.
- It is said that St Ceciia was a noble lady of Rome who, with her husband Valerian, his brother Tiburtius, and a Roman soldier Maximus, suffered martyrdom, c. 230, under the Emperor Alexander Severus.
- It is said that she sang to God as she was dying; therefore, she was made patron saint of Musicians
- St Cecilia is one of seven martyrs (people who died for their faith) venerated in the Catholic, Anglican, Coptic and Orthodox Churches