- Diwali is a Festival of Light.
- It is observed by Jains, Sikhs and Hindus
- Diwali commemorates the return of Lord Rama, along with Sita and Lakshman, from his fourteen-year-long exile and vanquishing the demon-king Ravana.
- In Jainism, Diwali marks the attainment of moksha or nirvana by Mahavira in 527 BC
- Other traditions hold that Diwali was when Lord Krishna put his hand up and destroyed a meteor headed towards the earth. The lights remember the meteor fragments in the skies.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.