- Graf-Wellhausen theory posits four distinct schools of authorship for the Pentatuech
- They are mainly differentiated by the terms they use for the divine
- Yawhist writing tends to use the tetragammon to describe the divine
- That is, the four letters of the divine name, JHWH (vowels are not used in Hebrew)
- So the Yahwist school tended to use the term Yahweh or Jehovah for the divine name.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.