The basic beliefs of Hinduism are
- Everything that exists has a particle of God in it called the Atma
- There are multiple universes all filled with living beings
- The soul keeps coming back to new bodies until one gives up desires and lives for God alone
- The caste system is of God and will bring a person to Union with God and freedom from the cycle of birth and rebirth
- All mankind is the one caste of humanity. There is only the one race, the human race
- Thoughts are things, like globules of energy, and create our reality. Bad thoughts bring bad results; good and loving thoughts bring good and loving results.
- All actions produce a reaction. If you do good things, good comes back to you. (Action is called Karma). If you do evil things, then evil comes back to you (Bad karma). You are the master of your own destiny, so master the mind and be a mastermind.
- Honour the Mother and Father as God. The visitor - the guest is God also.
- There are five values which guide mankind to a happy life and freedom from birth and death. These are Truth, Right Conduct, Love, Peace and Non-Violence