- People may claim Jewish identity and live that identity in a number of ways.
- One may be a devout, practising Jew and attend shul at synagogue and on the Sabbath, and on the High Holy Days
- One may be born of a Jewish mother and live according to Jewish cultural traditions, without attending synagogues...
- One may be born of a Jewish mother and practice the dietary code, and nothing else
- One may be born of a Jewish mother, follow no rituals, and rightfully claim they are a Jew.
- As you have worked out, Jewish identity is passed on through the mother.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.