Christians are taught that the first book of the Bible, Genesis, has a truth about the myths of how the world was created. The truth is God made the World and the Universe and all that is. (All of this exists in God.)
So the first book of the Bible has a mythological account about a theological truth: That God made the world, the universe and all life.
Creationism is the belief that it all happened as the Bible tells, in seven days. Not quite true. You may be a Christian and believe in the Big Bang, also.
Christians also believe that all creation exists in Christ. See St Paul's letter to the Colossians, where he says, (about Christ)
- He is the image of the invisible God,
- the lirst-born of all creation,
- for in him all things were created,
- in heaven and on earth,
- visible and invisible.
- All things were created
- through him and for him.
- He is before all things,
- and in him all things hold together.
- He is the head of the body, the Church;
- he is the beginning,
- the first-born from the dead,
- that in everything he might be pre-eminent..