The Goddess is known by many names. Some of them are Janani, Parvati, Durga, Adi Parashakti, Raja Rajeshwari, Bhavani, Lalithambikey, Kamakshi, Meenaskhi, Chamundi, Purani, Mulaprakriti, and Rudhrani.
- As Kali, she is the embodiment of Time.
- As Saraswathi, Vageshwari, Sarada, Maha Vidya and Brahmini, she is the Goddess of Learning.
- As Lakshmi, Narayani, Vaidehi, Vaishnavi, and Kamala Dharini, she is the Goddess of Wealth, prosperity and fortune.
- As Jagadhodharini or Bhavadharini, she is the supporter and sustainer of the Universe.
- As Ganga Ma, she is Mother Ganga, the river that flows with the energy of life.
- As Bharat Mata, she is Mother India, the sustainer of all
- As Bhoomi Devi, she is Mother Earth.
Pranavi is not one of the names of Devi.